Lagos State – Nigeria – Oyo State
The sector commander further stated that the accident involved 25 persons, indicating that the corpses of the deceased have been deposited at the morgue of Idera Hospital, Sagamu.“1”
world’s iconic news and media site
Four more persons have died from the accident involving two vehicles on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway on Wednesday.
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Ogun confirmed that the latest number brings to 13 the number of people who died in the accident.
The Sector Commander of the FRSC in the state, Mr Ahmed Umar, told Noble Reporters Media on Thursday, in Ota, that the four died on their way to the hospital.
He said 12 others sustained injuries.
NoRM Times reports that the FRSC Sector Commander had said on Wednesday that nine persons died while 16 others sustained various degrees of injuries in the ghastly accident.
He explained that the accident occurred at about 3.45 pm around Wichtech Company, near Danco Station, on the ever-busy expressway.
He said that the accident involved a commercial white Mazda bus, with registration number: APP 28 YE, and a blue Volvo truck, with no registration number.
The sector commander further stated that the accident involved 25 persons, indicating that the corpses of the deceased have been deposited at the morgue of Idera Hospital, Sagamu.
He said the injured are receiving treatment at the same hospital.
Umar said that the cause of the accident could be traced to speed violation and overloading on the part of the commercial bus driver.
He added that the driver of the commercial bus lost control due to excessive speeding and rammed into the truck.
The sector commander said that clearing of obstruction caused by the crash by FRSC officials and other sister agencies has commenced.
He advised motorists to exercise patience and remain calm, as the situation in the axis would soon be normalised.
Umar stressed the need for caution, saying that all hands must be on deck to ensure that lives are not lost due to carelessness on the road.
While advising motorists to always obey traffic rules and regulations, the sector commander assured that the FRSC will continually be committed to creating a safer motoring environment.
©️ Noble Reporters Media.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from Noble Reporters Media.
- Hushpuppi accomplice: ‘Kyari is tailor’ – Reno Omokri mocks DCP Abba Kyari.Kyari is a tailor that caters to the high and mighty in the world of crime.
- Usifo Ataga’s widow goes emotional during service of songs.These are wishes of every parent. His love for his children cannot be quantified. No way!”the distraught mum said
- Hushpuppi accomplice: IGP Alkali Baba orders investigation.The police force in a statement released by its spokesperson, Frank Mba, says the police boss has now ordered an internal review of the allegations.
- Malta gov’t takes responsibility for journalist ‘murdered in cold blood’The inquiry, conducted by one serving judge and two retired judges, found that a culture of impunity was created by the highest echelons of power within the government of the time.
- BBNaija’6: Pere and Maria are ‘wildcards’Pere was happy when told there is another wildcard and he guessed it was either Maria or Nini.