Nigeria – Taraba State
Speaking in his local dialect, the monarch claimed the act is being perpetrated by Fulani herdsmen that they welcome into their communities.“1”
world’s iconic news and media site
The Emir of Taraba, Abbas Tafida, has issued a 30-day ultimatum to herdsmen terrorising residents of the state to vacate the forests before they are being force out of the state.
According to Channels TV reports, the Emir issued the ultimatum after Eid prayer on Tuesday.
He pointed out that the ultimatum became necessary, especially as it relates to the recent killings, kidnapping and attacks suspected to be carried out by herders.
Speaking in his local dialect, the monarch claimed the act is being perpetrated by Fulani herdsmen that they welcome into their communities.
He urged security operatives to fish out the bad eggs among the herdsmen.
“Our Fulani herdsmen in the forests, you came into this state and we accepted you, why then will you be coming to towns and villages to kidnap residents, even up to the extent of raping our women?
“Because of this unending menace, every Fulani herdsman in this state have been given thirty days ultimatum to vacate the forests.
“We are tired of having sleepless nights and the hunger alone in the land is enormous and we will not allow it to continue,” the Emir said.
As Nigeria continue to battle Boko-Haram and other terrorist group in the country, Taraba State have been one of the states mostly affected and faced with the danger of the crimes committed by bandits and herdsmen.
©️ Noble Reporters Media.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from Noble Reporters Media.
- Hushpuppi accomplice: ‘Kyari is tailor’ – Reno Omokri mocks DCP Abba Kyari.Kyari is a tailor that caters to the high and mighty in the world of crime.
- Usifo Ataga’s widow goes emotional during service of songs.These are wishes of every parent. His love for his children cannot be quantified. No way!”the distraught mum said
- Hushpuppi accomplice: IGP Alkali Baba orders investigation.The police force in a statement released by its spokesperson, Frank Mba, says the police boss has now ordered an internal review of the allegations.
- Malta gov’t takes responsibility for journalist ‘murdered in cold blood’The inquiry, conducted by one serving judge and two retired judges, found that a culture of impunity was created by the highest echelons of power within the government of the time.
- BBNaija’6: Pere and Maria are ‘wildcards’Pere was happy when told there is another wildcard and he guessed it was either Maria or Nini.