Nigeria – Eid Kabir – Kaduna State
Dauda Ladan, a banker and resident of Barnawa, said he enjoyed the Sallah festivity as it provided him the opportunity to take his family out to a spot away from his busy weekly schedule.“1”
world’s iconic news and media site
Operators of relaxation spots in parts of Kaduna said their businesses witnessed a boom during the Eid-el-Kabir festivity.
A check conducted by NoRM’s known Media on Wednesday revealed a beehive of activities at relaxation spots in parts of the metropolis with the operators counting their gains.
A cross section of owners, including persons who patronise the spots, said the Sallah festivity provided an opportunity for families, friends and colleagues to hang out.
Hellen Abilah, a resident of Barnawa who operates a relaxation spot at High Cost, told NAN that patronage at her shop increased since Sunday, adding that “since Sunday, a day to Sallah, I have doubled my daily profit.
“Since the aftermath of the lockdown, I have not made profit like I did in the past two days,” she said.
Martins Agah, Manager of Agah’s Cool Spot, Sabo, on his part, said he had to engage additional staff to meet the overwhelming demand of his customers.
“Interestingly, we have witnessed increased sales even on a Monday which is very unusual.
“The Sallah festivity provided some of my customers who are civil servants the opportunity to come and unwind before work resumes,” Mr Agah added.
Also, Grace Isiaku, who grills fish at a Belview Relaxation spot, Romi, told NAN that she had in the past two days, exhausted her daily supply due to high demand.
“Sincerely, contrary to our uncertainties due to non-payment of salaries, business has been good all the same.
“I have witnessed increased patronage particularly of customers who preferred to buy and take away to share with their families and loved ones,” she explained.
Dauda Ladan, a banker and resident of Barnawa, said he enjoyed the Sallah festivity as it provided him the opportunity to take his family out to a spot away from his busy weekly schedule.
“Festivities like Sallah allow one time to bond with family and a relaxation spot like this is a perfect place to have a good time, especially with your family,” he noted.
©️ Noble Reporters Media. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from Noble Reporters Media.
- Hushpuppi accomplice: ‘Kyari is tailor’ – Reno Omokri mocks DCP Abba Kyari.Kyari is a tailor that caters to the high and mighty in the world of crime.
- Usifo Ataga’s widow goes emotional during service of songs.These are wishes of every parent. His love for his children cannot be quantified. No way!”the distraught mum said
- Hushpuppi accomplice: IGP Alkali Baba orders investigation.The police force in a statement released by its spokesperson, Frank Mba, says the police boss has now ordered an internal review of the allegations.
- Malta gov’t takes responsibility for journalist ‘murdered in cold blood’The inquiry, conducted by one serving judge and two retired judges, found that a culture of impunity was created by the highest echelons of power within the government of the time.
- BBNaija’6: Pere and Maria are ‘wildcards’Pere was happy when told there is another wildcard and he guessed it was either Maria or Nini.